No time to blog this week...
...er, I mean, I've not been taking the time to blog this week because we're busy doing things like...
- going to the beach
- going to the Civil War-era fort
- going to the airplane museum
- kayaking into the sunset on the bay
- going to the library/toy shop / ballet studio
- eating ice cream (brr) and sipping hot chocolate while roaming our little town
- visiting my parents who are visiting us
But things haven't been all fun and games. We've also been...
- baking things with apples (yes, still)
- schooling in the late mornings
- preparing the winter garden
- putting a new roof on the house
- and while we're at it, putting a big porch on the house, too
- the last two aren't really "we" jobs, 'cuz I haven't helped
muchany there, except for...
- feeding the menfolk (my man, my dad, assorted Very Kind & Helpful friends) who are putting on the porch/roof
It makes me feel domesticky and like a ranch wife to serve the guys a big old farm breakfast after they've worked a couple of hours in the early morning. Ham, cottage potatoes, hash-browned potatoes, bacon, pancakes, grits, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, omelets, biscuits, applesauce, orange slices, apple slices, cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole....oh, heavens, no, not on the same day. That's just some of what we've been eating in the mornings when I'm feeling domesticky and ranch-wife-like.
I really should help the fellas haul lumber or slap on shingles. It might do me some good to exercise off this cooking I've been doing.